Early Yearning, Early Learning! Is an educational forum for parents that meets monthly at the Maitland Senior Center. Vendors will be present and a variety of children's related topics presented. The purpose is to promote and foster positive parent involvement and an understanding of your child's learning through the various stages of early development for enhanced academic and general school success.
Topics to be presented will focus on the following:
- Yearning For Learning
- The young child's world
- Learning To Read
- Your Child's Social Skills development
- The Significance of 'Play' in your child's development
- Academic Learning
- The importance of music in your child's learning
- Your child's physical developmental skiils
- An exploration of the importance of Rhyme and Riddle
- Science and the Young Child
- Math and the Young Child
- Social Studies is all around you!
- Developing your child's writing skills
- Teaching Safety to a Young Child
- Developing Healthy Habits
- Coping with your child's disabilities
First Thurs. of Every Month
(Parents, may sign up for 1 or more months at a time)
Maitland Senior Center
345 South Maitland Ave, Maitland, Fl. 32751
(Entrance by car is located immediately after passing over the railroad tracks on the opposite side of Maitland Public Library which is at the corner of S. Maitland Ave & Ventris Ave.)
6:00pm - 7:00pm (Speaker Presentations)
7:00pm - 7:30pm Speaker Interaction/ Vendor/Parent Networking
(Note: Childcare is not available at these monthly forums)
Attendee Admission Cost is $5 Per Person and tickets are available through Eventbrite.
The exhibitor that will be presenting on November 6th from 6-7pm is "Cheryl's Magic Flute". Her programs are based on Live Therapeutic Music, Brain Gym, Color therapy and Rhythms for positive development, brain balance and less stress while in the learning process. Her presentation will be "Color your child's world with less stress".